Hand in today

Well,that was incredibly stressful. The unreal version I was using was 4.8 and the one in the LRC was 4.4.

I tried to compile it numerous times but failed. In the end I attempted to compress all 8GB onto a DVD-R that I had and submitted it.

So, what I have learnt today is to check compatibility beforehand and keep the file size low if you can. What I found a bit annoying was that the open world demo assets that unreal gave was 6GB, and I was only using four of those assets. I deleted the ones that I didn’t have and received an error message, which disappeared when I put everything back again.

I am hoping to improve this for the Graduation Show on November.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s